Forty-seven down...5 to go...
What: # 38 Get a fake spray tan
Where: Uphoria
When: December 21st
 |
| Tan lines in December?!? |
Why: Living in a state with a pretty consistent record for having a high percentage of days with no sunshine, being tan isn't a big deal to me. It's nice in the summer when there is a different glow to my skin, but I'm fair and will often burn to a painful crisp before I get a base tan. Let's just say that sunblock is my friend. I had tried the self-tanning lotion before and found it to be a mess. The idea of a tanning bed seems horrifying, but ever since the ridiculous episode on Friends where Ross gets a spray tan, that captured my interest. They also talk about it, a lot, on Dancing With The Stars, so I figured it must be the cool thing to do. I was telling my friend about it, and they do organic spray tans at the salon she visits, so I went there for my initiation into the world of bronzed goddesses. The whole process is different than I imagined. I was basically in a human car wash, being sprayed by a cold mist (with a pleasant raspberry almond scent!) while I stood in a ventilated tent, then I was dried down with a hairdryer contraption. I could see a difference on my neck and face right away, and it actually continues to look good. There were some glitches...I have really stripey wrists, alternating orange and white like a fruity zebra...but overall it's a fun way to change up your look and bring a bit of the summertime glow to the middle of a dreary winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment