When: December 23rd
Where: Not Vegas
Why: When I drove cross-country after college, we stopped in Vegas for a night, and my friend went to see a Cirque du Soleil show while I stayed in the hotel room and slept. I was exhausted, probably felt like it was too expensive, and just wanted to relax. To this day, I sorta regret that because I've wondered since just what the experience would have been like to see one of their shows. Luckily, they have just released a 3D movie compiling portions of each of their Vegas shows to tell a love story! So, while I didn't actually go to the show itself, I will someday, and this just convinced me that I have to do that! Throughout the movie, I think there were likely a dozen times when I'd go minutes without blinking or breathing...it was that captivating. And, having done my fair share of circus-y things this year (trapeze, silks, climbing, pole-dancing, etc.), I know that most of what these performers made look simple and graceful is in fact harder than I could ever imagine. They must have amazing physical strength and agility, wonderful control of their bodies, and let's face it, a ton of fun! The various shows all feature different aspects of a circus, and probably my favorite will always be "O" at the Bellagio, so the scenes from that show really intrigued me the most. I definitely think this is a wonderful preview to the real thing, and I can't wait to go...maybe in the new year. Update: In 2013, I did finally get myself to Vegas to see "O" at the Bellagio!! Fantastic!!
No comments:
Post a Comment