When: November 16th
Where: South Loop, Chicago
Why: A couple years ago, I dressed up with my friends as a trio of Raggedy Ann dolls and for the first time ever, wore a wig as part of my Halloween costume. Ever since, I've wanted to find another opportunity to wrap my hair up and don a new do. While the venue where this took place was not at all the traditional place to wear a wig - it was a sports bar where my college roommate and I watched the Michigan/Northwestern football game - at this point in the year, I can't get too fussy about how I'm getting items crossed off my list. I will say, this was an exercise in ignoring weird looks from strangers. There is no way my hair looked good, or normal. Or as sexy as it was supposed to look. The color, the cut, the accompanying outfit...it wasn't working. Maybe I'll stick with red yarn braids from now on!
No comments:
Post a Comment