Forty-nine down...3 to go...
What: #21 Buy or make something for a neighbor
Where: My neighborhood
When: December 22nd


Why: I live in a neighborhood where everyone keeps to themselves. There are maybe two people that I recognize and we say "Hi" to each other, and I've lived here for over 5 years. In general, there aren't very many community events, and while there is a pool, I tend to frequent it when most other people are at work, and when I make it to the mailboxes for my area of the neighborhood, it is usually late at night and no one else is really around at that time. Another thing is that most of us go in and out by our garages, not our front doors, so I think that eliminates a lot of socializing. I wanted to at least know someone that lived near me, so I thought that baking a holiday treat would be a good way to do it. Luckily, my friend found an easy-for-Sarah recipe to make these amazing decadent brownie bites. After we made a whole tray of them, she brought an adorable container to put in an assortment, and we wandered out to find a neighbor who was home (and would answer the door...we're not a friendly neighborhood, as I've indicated). After 4 failed attempts, we finally got to a neighbor who had actually just moved in about a month ago (I had no idea!). Beth moved from across the street and was actually happy to meet me and ask a bit about our neighborhood. Her daughter Aubrey is a college student at UofM and was home for the holidays, and they both had the best curly blond hair ever! My friend and I couldn't stop commenting on it! Beth had a very cool welcome mat, and adorable frog candle holders in her garden area...I think she and I could totally become people that say "Hi" to each other now, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment