When: November 21st
Where: My own kitchen!
Why: I'm not a hostess. This is just a part of my personality that I accept. I love being with my friends, going out to eat or to events, even hanging out at their place, but it is a rare occurrence for me to invite people over to my place. I'm not sure why this is - there are likely many theories - but I wanted to try to be more open to having people over on different occasions. I started too big trying to host a whole themed party the year I started these lists, and so I've since dialed it back to having close friends over for TV nights once in awhile. Those have all been a success, so I was ready to take the next step and invite friends over for happy hour. It seemed fair that I'd make drinks for them, but I realized that all I basically know how to make are fuzzy navels (my fave!). For this particular happy hour - a prelude event to going to see the newest Hunger Games movie - I tried to find something a little bit more unique. It was an added concern that my one friend is about 6 months pregnant, so it had to have a fair amount of ingredients that would make it delicious even as a virgin-style drink. So, what's a girl to do but JFGI...and when I did, I found an amazing list of drink recipes inspired by the Hunger Games! I took one of them, tweaked it a bit, and headed to the store to gather up the ingredients.
No comments:
Post a Comment