Forty-one done ... 11 to go...

What: #62 Use a urinal

When: November 16th
Where: Ohio
Why: Why not?

Ok, I guess there is a better reason. Many years ago, I had to go to the bathroom at an event and, as is usually the case, there was a line of women and a totally empty men's room. So, my friend guarded the door while his wife and I took turns using the empty and totally unisex (minus the sign) bathroom. This happened again at a bar a few years later, this time with my friend guarding the door while we took turns using it, and again, a totally unisex bathroom. Still, I wondered what would happen if one of these times, I was faced with only a urinal. Now, I'm not unfamiliar with crazy toilets. I've used Turkish toilets in many various countries across the world, altho I'll admit that I wasn't expecting my first encounter to be in a train station in Italy. 

Now, I know someone that uses a "pinkie" (her nickname for it) and takes it most places, and it has come in handy on many instances where "Option B" was the only option. Option B, by the way, is a term I picked up from my safari driver in East Africa when I was told that there was no restroom near me and I'd have to step out of the comfort of our rover and use "option B". So, using a urinal is a bit better than fearing for my safety with my pants down around lions and hyenas. 

I did not watch any tutorials or read any how-to guide about this; I figured it was better if it wasn't too premeditated. This wasn't, however, my first attempt. My first try at completing this was at a truck stop. In Kentucky. Need I say more? I couldn't go through with it from sheer stage fright, so I jumped on this next chance at an old train depot in Independence, an aptly-named town for my small step at breaking down a small gender barrier. 

Now, without too much detail (trust me, the less, the better), I'll just say that I didn't do it right, but I was effective. Mission accomplished.


Going in...

Well, this happened...



No comments:

Post a Comment