Thirty-seven down...15 to go...

What: #68  Host a party at my house

When: Oct 27th
Where: My place
Why: Other than a catered housewarming party when I moved in years ago, I have not been the hostess of any other gathering. I'm just not the hostess type. My skills are not those of a domestic individual. I keep a nice home, I feed myself, I decorate in my own way, but party planning does not appeal to me. Lately, however, I've felt that I wanted a chance to get some of my friends from different circles together to mingle and used the idea I found in a magazine to construct a party idea to do it. It was a clothes swap, something some of my friends and I do very informally on lots of occasions, but nothing ever formal. Today changed that! Everyone was encouraged to bring up to 10 items they were tired of wearing, but that were still perfectly good pieces and would be a fresh addition to our closets.
So, we shared some good stories, watched some big sports games (not very girlie, but important during football/world series season), and I think everyone left with something new they are excited to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment