Why: Sometimes, my list of new things too closely resembles a bucket list of big ticket items when, in fact, there are magical moments to be found in experiencing smaller-sized new things, too, so I tried to keep that in mind as I created my third annual list. One thing that many of my friends have done that I haven't is right here in my own home: use the guest bathroom shower. To put this in perspective, I did not just move in to this home; I've lived here for nearly a decade. And in all that time, I've never tried out the shower in my second bathroom. I have, believe me, showered in plenty of other places in my life (not always with the temperature I'd prefer - like my cold showers in the Amazon rainforest, and often with many insect participants...shudder), so it isn't a fear of the unknown shower. I guess part of it is that I *do* spend enough time traveling and using foreign showers that when I'm home, I want the comfort of my own space. The reason this was added to the list is that, as I enter my tenth year of home ownership, I wanted to do some renovating, remodeling, redecorating, and rearranging. To make the guest bathroom a better haven, I've thought of leaving comment cards for my friends and friends of friends to give me tips on what they would like to have in there, but that seemed a bit weird. Instead, I thought I'd experience it firsthand, and I learned a lot. Such as, a woman with a few bath products (shampoo, conditioner, razor, soap, face wash, pumice stone) does not have space to put all of her things. Another is that in order for the razor to be used, it takes quite a bit of contorting, and even as someone that has done a lot of yoga, it was eventually too much for me and I gave up. Frankly, I'm not sure how a person much larger than me could do much of anything in the shower aside from enjoying the feel of a pretty perfect water flow and temperature. (Side note: the drain worked...which is a step ahead of my own shower and the reason I tried this out today). There are definitely modifications I'll work on to make the bathroom experience more pleasant for my guests, and for myself when I want a change of scenery...suggestions welcome!
1 comment:
Ha! This is a great list item and a great idea!! For the record, I've never had a problem with your bathroom and have always found it quite pleasant!
Post a Comment