Four down...48 to go...

What: #84 Ice skate at Campus Martius park in Detroit

Where: Campus Martius Park, Detroit
When: January 16th
Why: As a native to Michigan, I grew up with Detroit as my big city, and have a special place in my heart for it, many fond memories as a child being downtown with my family, events that took place at stadiums and theaters, at restaurants and along parade routes, looking over to Canada and back over to Detroit. It's a place where I've walked among historic buildings, biked past wonderful monuments, and driven to corners where there are amazing things happening. One of those things that has sprung up over the past few years is the ice rink, right in the center of downtown, at a place called Campus Martius park. 

Today, with help from Elizabeth and Sara, I went ice skating at the rink. It was a balmy 40 degree day, and the rink was packed with kids, couples, groups of friends, and a guy I couldn't take my eyes off of...because of his skating skills, of course! It was a lot of fun, altho maybe not a real work-out, but it was great to be downtown, out in the fresh air, seeing the amazing views of the buildings around us, and knowing that good things are happening in Detroit.



3 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Great pictures! It was so fun today. And I seriously can't believe we didn't fall with all those kids underfoot! :) Can't wait to help you check more things off your list!

You forgot to mention how all restuarants in Detroit close at four o'clock on Mondays...

Sara said...

Check! One fun thing off my list too!

PS I had to Google noodling. You are brave!

Anonymous said...

great photo! and yay! for checking things off The List!
(also, misery loves company, so I'm glad to know that Holley and I aren't the only ones getting shut out of eateries at random times - who cuts off dinner service on a *friday* night at 9pm? or saturday lunch at 2:30pm? is this not America, galldarnit!)

Post a Comment