15 done ... 37 to go...

What: #93 Attend Yoga at the Max

When: May 24th
Where: Detroit, MI
Why: For a few years, the Detroit Symphony Orchestra has hosted yoga in its rehearsal space at the Max M. Fisher Music Center on Woodward Avenue in Detroit, combining two of my favorite ways to spend time in one of my favorite places to spend time. The Sunday morning that I attended, I was hurrying to the location and blew out my flip-flop, arriving with one barefoot, and in great need of relaxing and decompressing. Luckily, I was meeting my friend (who just happened to have a spare pair of shoes...thank you!!), and we settled into the space for the next hour of relaxation. The lighting set a very cool mood, and when the musicians entered the room - a string quartet - and began to play, I could not stop smiling with sheer joy at how it all made me feel. My mind was loving the music, my body was loving the yoga, and my soul was loving the presence of one of my dear friends. The yoga instructor was good, which really made the experience that much better. Despite some amazing places I've done yoga - like on a paddleboard in San Diego and in the mountains of Puerto Rico - this was one of my favorite experiences.




No comments:

Post a Comment