16 done ... 36 to go...

What: #64 Drink a glass of whiskey

When: June 6th
Where: Journeyman Distillery
Why: I blame country music for this one. So many of my favorite songs have lyrics pertaining to shootin' whiskey, pourin' whiskey, sippin' on whiskey...and I started to feel left out of that part of my redneck side. I did once attend a bourbon tasting, but that was really just a tasting...I could barely swallow it. I figured I needed to toughen up and get ready to really enjoy the right kind of whiskey. Luckily, my friend in Chicago knew of a place halfway between us that seemed the perfect place to learn about good whiskey, so we - two of my college roomies, two kiddos (including my videographer), and one awesome husband - met up at Journeyman Distillery in Three Oaks.

To begin, we ordered a flight...five quarter-ounce glasses of whiskey to sample what they offered. The first one was rough; the initial burn caught me off guard.

The second one sounded great - it had hints of fruit and berries - but it tasted the worst. My favorite had a hint of vanilla and felt smoother going down. I'll admit, I used to think people that talked about drinks as "smooth" were rather pretentious, but after drinking whiskey, that adjective makes sense!

I paired my whiskey with a nice grilled cheese to clean my palate between each sip. I think that's the best way to go!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo and yummmm-o! BUT, I wish I weren't a weirdo in the background of your video (ignoring you and taking photos of the other kiddo, hehe)... Talk to your videographer about framing, please? ;)

Post a Comment