When: February 2nd
Where: 91.7 WUOM
Why: Part of the motivation for continuing this list was to do more things for more people, whether that included people I already know or finding ways of meeting interesting people or seeking out ways to give to people or organizations that mean something to me. Many days, a portion of my commute time in my car is spent listening to NPR on my local affiliate and hearing local and global news and interesting stories that catch my attention. Every year, I switch away from the channel during their fund drives, but this year, I wanted to take part in it. I've enjoyed their programming - so much so that I went to a live-taping of one of the NPR shows - and am fortunate enough to be able to support it in a small way. So, I took the time during this winter's fund drive to hop online and make a one-time contribution. It's my small way of showing my appreciation for this source of information, and it felt so nice to donate, I may find other causes to donate to this year, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment