Thirty-five done ... 17 to go...

What: #42 Get myself something that is monogrammed

When: October 9th
Where: Etsy
Why: When I was in kindergarten, I had my school picture taken in a monogrammed sweater. The last initial in the middle really didn't set well with me; I don't like things out of order. I think that's why I've avoided monograms from that point, but lately, having something monogrammed seems like a very real adult must-do, and as it seems a lot of this list is about doing a few more "real adult" tasks (like buying fancy cheese!), I thought I'd tackle this one. Most people seem to get items that are monogrammed when they are getting married, but I don't believe in waiting around for that to treat myself.


As I contemplated what to have monogrammed, a lot of jewelry popped up, but I'm not really a big accessories gal, and I didn't really want monogrammed towels, nor did I need a monogrammed tote or lunch box. I did want a monogrammed umbrella, but I'm not sure that they make those (I just really don't like my current umbrella, so thought that would kill two birds with one stone). Unsure of what to do, I went to Etsy, the perfect online place to find other ideas for monogrammed items, and instantly fell in love with monogrammed boot socks! I love my boots - so much that they help me transition into autumn and then winter without too much ire - and having socks that complement the boots seemed like a great idea! I found a really cute store - "Marking Our Home" - and they were able to make my dream of having awesome socks that are both functional and fabulous! In fact, on my first day of wearing them, I had two compliments on how much people liked them! There are so many cute socks out there right now; just look at this page of adorable pairs! I was specifically looking for actual socks - not just cuffs or leg warmers - so that narrowed my search, and I'm very happy with what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment