Eight done ... 44 to go...

What: #11 Buy cheese from Morgan & York

When: March 8th
Where: Morgan & York 
Why: For the past few years, I've driven past this store and wondered what was going on in there. There are nearly always a few customers in there receiving personal attention, and the whole store looks quite sophisticated. Wine seems to be the central focus from the store front, and not being much of a wine drinker, it didn't seem that it was a store I'd find much use for in my life. Until, one day, a few months ago, I attended a luncheon that had sandwiches from this store, and the Caprese sandwich was *delicious* and had incredibly tasty cheese on it. So, that moved this item onto my list. 

Entering the store, it is predominantly stocked with wine in the large front room, then as one moves into the sandwich and cheese (and olive oil!) room in the back of the store, the noise level grows and the lighting changes, signifying that things are about to get good! The salesperson behind the counter was so enthusiastic, incredibly helpful, and super patient as we tasted different samples, beginning with a very dry and crumbly cheddar from the UK, then a much softer white cheese with a nutty flavor, and eventually landing on my choice, a Vermont cheddar. This cheese has been a perfect complement with crackers, and I bet it will be great in an omelet one of these mornings!



No comments:

Post a Comment