Twenty-three done ... 29 to go...

What: #5 See a movie at the Ford Drive-In

When: July 4th
Where: Ford Drive-In

Why: My friend Sara has been a huge supporter of my list of new things, and she herself has a list that included seeing a movie at the Ford Drive-In, which I liked so much I added it to mine! This isn't your average drive-in theater; it has five screens and parking for thousands! After recently hearing tales of another friend taking her hatchback to have a perfect set-up for movie watching, I decided to give it a try in my own hatchback. Armed with blankets, pillows, snacks, I headed out on the 4th of July, which I thought would be a fun way to do something classically "American" in honor of the nation's birthday.
And it was fun - we saw the none-too-serious "22 Jump Street" - but for the whole two hours of the movie, the sound and projection was competing with fireworks surrounding us in 360 degrees of Independence Day glory. It was a very cool way to see a lot of firework displays, but an unexpected consequence of going on this particular night.
Another unintended consequence was feeling like I had been time-warped back into the late 1970s. The snack bar was straight out of a roller rink with the same faded counter-tops and old signs displaying the prices of popcorn and nachos, and the whole place had a vibe that shunned technology and frills. I kinda like it!


It's only $9 for TWO movies!






No comments:

Post a Comment