What: #1 Go to an Ann Arbor city park/trail I’ve never before visited
When: July 11th
Where: Miller Park

Why: One of the things I treasure about my town - affectionately called "Tree Town" - is the abundance of nature that has been set aside in
parks. Over 100 of these gems are tucked away or sprawled out across the city. There are parks I tend to frequent and love to visit (like Bird Hills, the Arb, etc.), and then so many others that I have only driven by without stepping inside, and even more that I have never even seen. This has been rectified by my afternoon meander through
Miller Park, which is one of those parks I never knew existed. During a visit with one of my dear friends, we decided to head out with her daughter to take their dog on a walk, and we entered a lovely patch of woods right in their neighborhood. It was quiet, it was much cooler, and it was so green that I felt relaxed as soon as we stepped on the trail. No matter where you live, I recommend getting out into the woods or the fresh air of nature, even for a 10-15 minute walk, and take advantage of the green spaces that surround you!
No comments:
Post a Comment