What: #44 Make
rice krispie treats
When: July 24th
Where: Chicago, IL
Why: Last year, I was with two of my friends having a very intellectual evening together (ie: watching "The Bachelor") and the hostess was making Rice Krispie treats. While my friend and I aided in the process, we both admitted we had never made these treats on our own. This shocked our hostess, and at that moment, I knew it had to go on the list. It would seem an easy one to tackle, but as a person that loathes both grocery shopping and cooking/baking, it is more difficult than I thought to check this item off. Enter Azadi. He is my favorite almost-12-year-old in the world. He's been so excited to help me with this - he first started helping with my list when he was my amazing videographer for
my day on the trapeze - and he even memorized the recipe! Azadi was a fantastic teacher, showing patience and humor as I fumbled my way through the process. He made sure I melted the marshmallows the right way "until they look like glue" - which totally made sense! Then, he told me we should just empty the rest of the marshmallows into the mix, but I was so worried about following his recipe that I declined. In hindsight, that would have made the treats even more delicious, but as it was, they were a fun treat after a very fun day!
 |
| 3 tablespoons of melted butter... |
 |
| 4 cups of marshmallows... |
 |
| Pour in 6 cups of rice krispies...then stir... |
 |
| Press into a pan, chill, and serve! |
1 comment:
How fun and YUM! I love rice crispy treats but rarely make them myself!
Post a Comment