16 down ... thirty-six to go...

What: #32 See an Academy Award winning movie I’ve never seen

When: March 15th
Where: AMC theater
Why: Movies are for entertainment, so I tend to choose movies that are light and fluffy and will cheer me up after a long day. And those movies don't typically win Academy Awards. I'm thinking of "Baby Mama" and "Legally Blonde" to help me escape after a long day, not "The Silence of the Lambs" or "Schindler's List." I do see movies that make me think from time to time, and have seen over 30 of the winning pictures. And this year's winner, "Argo," had a known happy ending, so I was excited to see it and just ran out of time prior to the awards. Luckily, it is still in theaters, so I got to see it and liked it so much, I'll definitely rent it when it comes out on DVD. My friend and I were both saying that we learned more about that segment of American history in that movie than we did in school. School history was all about memorizing dates and wars and those do not stick well in my head. Honestly, ask me when WW1 was and who was fighting and I'll feel really dumb. But, ask me about John Adams and I can tell you a lot because I learned about it in a way that was about people and relationships and those conflicts.

Also, I really like Ben Affleck. Not in a hollywood-crush sort of way, just in a way that I really respect how he has had his hands in all facets of the industry. So, if you haven't seen "Argo," I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love this movie! Can't wait to watch it again. My mom said it was just a suspenseful the second time around.

Post a Comment