17 down ... thirty-five to go...

What: #95 Go to candlelight yoga 

When: March 15th
Where: Detroit Flyhouse
Toe pose...ouch...
Why: Many of my recent list activities have been on the more strenuous or larger scale side of the spectrum. Candlelight yoga seemed like the antidote to all the recent running around and chaos. I met with two of my great friends who live in Detroit and we went to the Flyhouse. It was a smaller space than I expected, with less candles than I expected (I've seen too many movies). Also, I hadn't read up on it to realize it was Yin yoga, which is where you hold each pose for 3-5 minutes. As I learned in last year's list at the Buddhist service, I am not very good at being still for minutes on end. So, this practice wasn't as relaxing as I thought it might be. Luckily, the instructor was also like some kind of therapist and said the most encouraging, uplifting, and positive things while we posed. It really helped me to clear my mind, put some things aside that normally plague my thoughts, and just try to be nice to myself for a night.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'd go back for the therapy. I tried sitting on my toes the other day and lasted 30 seconds.

Stephanie said...

Loved it! Let me know anytime either of you want to go again - I'm in =)

Post a Comment