What: # 75 Take a boxing class
When: March 6th
 |
| We tried to look intimidating! |
Why: In my continuous quest to find a variety of ways to stay active - and have fun doing it! - my friend had mentioned boxing as a great workout idea. By great, she meant intense and very sweaty. It was actually a wonderful way to beat the mid-week stress on a Wednesday, and not too hard to imagine who I was punching after a hard work week. There were a lot of punch combinations (hooks, upper cuts, jabs, cross punches), and a lot of repetitions, so it worked to get out aggression, and in between each round (8 total), there was a "rest period" which involved squats, push-ups, jumping jacks, and general tasks that did not seem restful. At the end of it, I definitely felt like I got a solid hour of cardio, and my shoulders have been screaming for days, so I know it worked on my arms, too! Now, I have a two-week pass to keep going to try it out a few more times, maybe kickboxing, too, and hopefully I eventually learn how to wrap my hands under my gloves because the first time I needed about three people to help me do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment