Fourteen down...38 to go...

What: #30 Go to the Kentucky Oaks race

Where: Churchill Downs
When: May 4th
Why: For the past couple of years, I've been lucky enough to take part in the tradition of going to see the Kentucky Derby. As many may not know, the Derby race itself is one of about a dozen races that occur that day, and the second day of the real horse racing festivities. The event on Friday is called the Kentucky Oaks and is filled with the same energy and excitement, but with a lot more pink, a lot less insanity, and a much greater focus on the incredible horses that race here.

I got into the color theme with my dress and matching shoes, enjoyed just one traditional Lily drink, and had a front row view in the paddock area for most of the morning races. The afternoon brought some serious weather drama that proved a bit much for my fancy shoes and my meager poncho, but overall, it was a great way to start off another memorable Derby weekend, and I hope to permanently add this event to my annual trip to Louisville!

No comments:

Post a Comment