Fifteen down...37 to go...

What: #25 Dine at a restaurant I’ve never been to in A2

Where: Logan
When: May 8th
Why: There are many restaurants in Ann Arbor that I love and tend to frequent over and over. This is partly because I'm not an adventurous eater, and also because I just don't tend to feel like paying a lot for food as opposed to other activities. I do realize as I spend more time in the world that there is something to be said for a well-prepared culinary experience, and so I've tried to broaden my horizons ever so slightly in the realm of food. Thankfully, Ann Arbor has a wonderful array of fantastic restaurants from which to choose (it's true!), so it wasn't difficult to find one to try. We went to Logan and it was crowded on a Tuesday, which has to be a good sign. The appetizer was slightly different than I expected (a tempura with a very different sauce), but it was really good. I had heard high praise for the biscuits, which came out fresh and warm and smelling delicious! Then, my pasta dish was full of flavors not typically blended together, and I really enjoyed the unexpected pop of lemon zest and pistachio crunch in the light sauce. (I feel like I'm writing for some foodie blog...forgive me...this is not my strong suit!).
A perfect ball of mousse...
unexpected, right? 

Finally, I splurged on a chocolate mousse that was, again, unexpected, but rich and everything you want from a fancy dessert. It was great to go out for a nice dinner in the middle of the week, have time to soak up the atmosphere of a new place with a great friend, and I'll be looking for more opportunities to try other hidden gems among the many amazing Ann Arbor restaurants!

No comments:

Post a Comment