What: #55 Get one of my own photographs professionally matted and framed
When: February 2nd, 2016
Where: Art.com
Why: For years, I've loved taking photographs of my travels, and on occasion, I will peruse my iPhoto library and sometimes subject my friends and family to viewing my pictures. There are certain images I've captured that I come back to time and again, and I finally decided it was worth the cost to start getting those photographs off my computer screen and onto the walls of my home.
In redecorating the guest room, I went with blues and oranges, hoping for an exotic beach theme to evolve from that choice. For my first-ever professionally matted and framed photograph, I chose a picture I took of the Mediterranean Sea while hiking in Cinque Terre, Italy. This photograph, taken in Monterosso Al Mare, reminds me of the warm morning sunshine I felt on my skin, the taste of fresh grapes the size of my thumbs, the smell of olive groves around every turn, and the sensation of jumping into the refreshing water to rinse off the dust at the end of a long and amazing hot summer day.
My hope is that this photograph helps to develop a similar vibe of contentment and adventure for any guests who are staying in that room in the future!

No comments:
Post a Comment