One done ... 51 to go...
What: #53 Go
to a trampoline aerobics class
When: January 11th
Where: SkyZone
Why: In the winter months, it gets harder to be active because it is so cold. Running or biking outside aren't really options, and I loathe the treadmill and stationary bikes. I still climb every week and have started doing yoga with more regularity, yet I still crave new activities to get my heart pumping. And full disclosure: I'm anticipating a possible beach vacation in the near future, so this body needs to be ready for that, and after an extended vacation over the holidays, let's just say I enjoyed a lot of time on the couch with enormous bags of my Dad's famous homemade caramel corn. Yum!
So, after a year-long hiatus, my friends Elizabeth and Sara joined me for another adventure at the "tramp gym" (which, I realize, isn't a great term, but it's sticking around for the fun of it). This time we invited a few other great women to join us and have an impromptu bounce party to kick-off Elizabeth's annual 29th birthday!
The moves are definitely specific to the trampolines, and not really something you could duplicate on your own at home, and it requires the wearing of very cool socks (of which I'm now the proud owner!). A lot of the class was partner work with weighted balls you'd toss back and forth after a series of moves. One fun combination was to do five really high jumping jacks, a full twist, and air splits, all with the weighted ball. There were also a lot of plank movements, which were very difficult on the trampolines. This time, there were no flips, but there was the move where you fall all the way down to your backside and bounce back up to do the next move. I had a hard time doing that without using my hands to brace myself from falling back, which I'm assuming is due to a lack of core strength. Or, perhaps my abs were just exhausted from all the laughing...truly, that is an integral part of this workout!
No comments:
Post a Comment