What: # 38 Go to the
trampoline gym
When: January 8th
Where: Sky Zone
Why: Always looking for new and fun ways to stay active, this seemed like just the thing. Thanks to Groupon (some of my best ideas are from there), my friends and I found a place nearby that is a huge indoor trampoline gym! It was a random week night, and there were still a lot of people there, both kids and adults. There was even a whole aerobics class that is done on the trampolines, and those women looked worn out by the end of their session. At first, I was barely working up a sweat because I was really nervous about jumping too high because coming back down felt like free-falling from the sky. I'm not being dramatic, it was really a shock to my system! Eventually, after catching glimpses of a 12-year-old who was totally putting us to shame, we started to get a bit more daring. By the end of the evening, I even landed a full front flip! And, the ab workout you get from laughing with childish enthusiasm only adds to the level of exercise, which was actually intense. I think I was out of breath for almost the entire hour, and I was definitely perspiring (girls don't sweat).
In addition to just jumping, I even tried to slam dunk a basketball (harder than it looks) and took a dive off a trampoline diving board into a huge pit of foam blocks (nearly impossible to get out of alive). My friend Elizabeth proved this when she did an awesome spread eagle jump (see photo) and then almost drown in the foam. It was hilarious/scary at the same time. Mostly hilarious for Sara and I as the observers safely on hard ground. I think my abs are still sore from laughing so hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment