52 down ... zero to go!!!

What: #39 Adopt something

When: December 31st
Where: Everywhere
Why: This one, I'll admit, was a quick last-minute decision to get it in before the end of the year. I decided I'd "adopt a new attitude" about things. I am reminded in so many ways that I live a very charmed life, and yet I tend to whine about insignificant annoyances that impact me much more than they should. I may still likely keep "Adopt something" on my list for next year to address the actual intent of adopting a watershed or zoo animal or acre of rainforest. In the meantime, I'm adopting a healthy realistic optimism for the new year. One book I may reread that helped me years ago is Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. Be prepared to hear a lot of "pura vida", "hakuna matata", and "don't worry, be happy" thrown into my conversations this year! And perhaps my Pinterest boards will contain a lot more Sark, too...she inspired me to "invent your life over if it doesn't feel juicy" a few years ago, and I'm still sticking to it!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love that! "Invent your life over if it doesn't feel juicy!"

Post a Comment