Three done ... 49 to go...
What: #46 Eat
wings
When: January 25th
Where: Buffalo Wild Wings
Why: Those who know me are aware of my food habits, mainly that I eat like a kid: grilled cheese, pizza, PBJ, cereal, and so on. While I do love chicken tenders, and it seems an easy leap to chicken wings, the fact that there are bones and skin on the wings have always limited my involvement with devouring them as so many others do. Also, I'm not really prissy, but the idea of having my hands and face coated in sauce was not appealing. Still, this blog is about breaking out of my comfort zone, so that's what I did. We were at "B-Dubs" to watch the Michigan/Michigan State basketball game, and it seemed the perfect opportunity to knock this one off the list.
I perused the menu to select my wings, deciding on Parmesan Garlic as my flavor of choice, thinking it was going to be a dry herb seasoning and hence I'd get out of the messy factor. It was, in fact, still a super messy sauce concoction, but I guess that's part of the experience. So, armed with many napkins, I rolled up my sleeves to dive right into my first wing. The hard part was that it was so messy, and that I was being very particular about the parts I ate, all the while trying not to look too closely at the bones. Overall, I'd say it was a fun one to check off the list, and made even sweeter by the outcome of the game!
1 comment:
This one makes me laugh. For all the adventurous things you do, chicken wings make you uneasy. Love that quirk about you! And I know all about the kid diet!
Post a Comment