46 down ... six to go...
What: #34 See “The
Lion King” musical
When: December 14th
Where: Pantages Theater
Why: For my parents' 25th anniversary (I think it was), my brother and I sent them out to a fancy dinner and to see this show. My dad isn't a huge musical theater kind of guy, but when he came home, he may have referred to the show as "life-changing." So, that was some pretty high praise for a Broadway musical! Ever since that claim, I've wanted to see the show, preferably on Broadway itself, but that never transpired, so I sought out the touring company's schedule and found dates in Los Angeles. As it had been over a year since my last visit and I had yet to meet my friend's new baby girl, I decided this was a perfect way to visit her, spend time with her daughters, and hit up this show on a girls' date night out.

We went out for a great dinner before the show, and as we inched down Hollywood Boulevard in bumper-to-bumper traffic towards the theater, I realized I had to "use the potty" and had to run out of the car to the nearest Starbucks. Poor Jen probably felt like she was still having to deal with one of her young kids instead of a friend who should have used the facilities at the restaurant. Anyhow, that aside, it was a lovely stroll down the Walk Of Fame during a lovely warm LA night to a really incredible theater. Neither of us had ever been there before, and we were definitely impressed. We had main floor seats, and despite our initial concerns that the stage seemed smaller than we were expecting, the production was really incredible. The staging, the costumes, the way they took the movie and re-imagined it for this show, it was all really impressive. Two thumbs up!
No comments:
Post a Comment