48 down ... four to go...

What: #9 Play laser tag

When: December 28th
Where: Zap Zone 
Why: Last year, this was suggested as an item for this year's list, and I was happy to include it. There is a place I've heard of that people take their kids for parties, and it sounded like the kind of place where I could have just as much fun. I'll never run out of my childish enthusiasm, and at times it's quite contagious, so this infected the guys hanging out with me on a lazy Saturday afternoon. I tried to gather a big group to go, but as I'm down to the wire, it was a little too last minute to rally others to join. Still, with three of us, and a pretty good size group of others that were in our game, it was enough fun. We arrived and had a briefing to start, and when the teenage attendant asked if anyone needed instructions on how to play and no one else raised their hand, neither did I. Turns out, I should have had a brief tutorial because I didn't know not to crouch down, and had no idea where to aim my laser. These things I eventually figured out, but it took awhile. Also, the guys mentioned that I might get too warm in my sweater, which I thought was a joke. It turns out that all the running around in the maze (which is lit in black-light and actually more extensive than I expected!) actually did make me wish for a t-shirt. 
By the end of the game, I thought I had really made an impact for my team, but my stats showed otherwise. Out of 12 players, I ranked 10th, with 19 hits on the other team (I took 56 hits). Lessons I learned are to watch your back, run around with the gun already in position instead of at my side, and stop giggling (it draws attention). The reason I kept giggling: Justin's code name was "Cupcake" and my gun's readout kept saying "cupcake hit" every time I shot him.




1 comment:

Elizabeth Downie said...

haha, how fun! So sad I couldn't make it!

Post a Comment