What: #28 Reconnect in real life with a Facebook friend that I haven’t seen in over 3 years
Where: Denver, CO
When: January 7th
Why: Despite enjoying many of the perks of Facebook (and let's admit, some of the pains, too), one thing I realized is that it makes it too easy to avoid actually having real friendships with a lot of my friends, near and far.
So, it was not my intention to check this one off yet, but when the opportunity arose to see one of my former college roommates who had just moved to Denver the week I was out there to ski, it was a no-brainer to get together with her! So, Melanie and I made plans to meet up for dinner at a great sushi place in Denver. We had not gotten together since her wedding over 4 years ago, and it was wonderful to catch up, get to know Stefan, her husband, better, and meet her sweet-as-pie daughter Sofia. The friendships I formed in college are with some of the most amazing women I know, and Melanie is no exception! I highly recommend this one to everyone - go out and spend quality time with friends that are important to you...it's a great way to spend an evening!
Update: In 2013, I also made plans to meet up for a quick hug with Megan, the friend who got me started on this whole journey! We were both in Vegas the same weekend and decided just to say "Hi!" in person! Later in 2013, I also met up with my friend Susan; we've kept in touch through Facebook, but hadn't seen each other in probably 15 years. I happened to be swinging through her city for a quick visit, and it was so great to catch up with her face to face! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment