43 done ... 9 to go...

What: #12 Eat a calzone

When: August 24th, 2016
Where: Basil Boys
An actual plate I use...
Why: Those who know me well are aware that I have the eating habits of a child. I love chicken tenders, grilled cheese, mac-n-cheese, PB&Js, and so on. If it's on a children's menu, it's probably one of my favorite foods. Those who know me also know that I love to travel, and so my comfort zone for foods has to expand a bit when I travel internationally...altho I've yet to enter a country that doesn't have delicious pizza (except you, Nepal). As I've gotten less young, I've tried to slowly integrate a wider variety of foods and flavors into my diet, and that has involved eating items for the first time that most people have already sampled at a much earlier time. Like avocados (thought I'd hate them, but I tried one about 3 years ago and I love them!) and calzones. A calzone is a big deal in my college town, but for some reason - likely the reason being that it isn't pizza - I never tried one. Ever. For decades. Then, when going out to dinner with my extended family, they all ordered them and I didn't want to feel left out, so forced by positive peer pressure, I caved and also ordered one. I chose tomato, mushrooms, and pineapple for my items, and along with the amazing dough of the crust (my stomach actually just gurgled thinking about how delicious it was!), it was a successful choice and now, probably, it's a food that I'll order and try again another time. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment