When: March 3rd
Where: World Wildlife Fund website
Why: For awhile, I had this on my list to encourage me to adopt a dog or cat from my local humane society. As my lifestyle continues to make that a bit difficult - out of town too often - I chose to instead set my sights on adopting a symbolic animal. For the past few months, I've found myself gravitating to rhinos, from pictures on Instagram to articles I've read to planning an excursion to see them for myself
in Chitwan National Park. My fascination with them could be that they were the one missing animal from my safari a few years ago; at the time our guide had said he might see one way out at the edge of some trees, but even with my binoculars I wasn't convinced. Today was World Wildlife Day, which seemed as good a reason as any to financially support the efforts to help conserve these animals. I'll proudly display my adoption certificate on my refrigerator, along with my other recently earned accolades, like "Perfect Attendance" for Pilates and my participant numbers from my recent 5Ks!
No comments:
Post a Comment