Thirty-one done ... 21 to go...

What: #4 Find my signature scent

When: August 12th
Where: Amman, Jordan
Why: I'm not really a person that wears perfume. At one point in late high school/early college, I received a free sample size bottle of Elizabeth Arden's "Sunflowers" and I really liked it. I have not found a scent I've enjoyed wearing quite as much, and for some reason never thought to replenish my sample bottle, so I tend to stick with the basics to smell fresh and clean (yep, I have the Outkast song in my head, too). My go-to products include my lavender-scented Secret deodorant, fruity-smelling Biolage shampoo, and whatever fresh-scented lotion is on my bathroom counter. This, however, does not seem very grown-up, so I wanted to find a perfume that people would associate with me as a mature and professional woman. As I was investigating what to do in the city of Amman on a recent visit, I found out that making your own perfume was a very common experience, so on my last night in the city, we went out with some friends to create my signature scent! We entered the shop and felt a bit overwhelmed...where to start with walls full of bottles? I decided to try scents that smelled "fresh" as my jumping off point, and from there we narrowed it down to the simpler floral scents - like violets (بنفسج ) and lilies (زنبق) - and then added in a third scent that even my friends who read Arabic could not determine what it was. I guess that will keep my signature scent a secret mixture, for now...



No comments:

Post a Comment