When: November 29th
Where: Arbor Hills
Why: For years, the hype around Black Friday shopping has been growing. And for years, I was stunned at the mania surrounding the morning sales. Finally, I decided that I should see what it was all about for myself. As anyone who has read this blog knows, shopping is not my forte; being budget conscious is...so this day could have gone either way. Also, with the shopping insanity beginning on "Brown Thursday", it meant that the pure madness would be lessened, so instead of facing crowds at 4am, I was able to roll into the parking lot and find a spot around 8:30 to find a relatively short line to stand in for the store's opening at 9am.
| The line lacked organization, but made up for it with commitment! |
Having purchased nothing, but inspired at the handbag store, we headed to JoAnn Fabrics. Turns out, that's where the crowds were gathering, which was a surprise to me! The lines of people were snaking through aisles filled with more customers, the likes of which I'd never seen at that store. After finding our pattern, we headed out and made it to lunch, having survived my first (and likely only) morning of Black Friday shopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment