When: November 15th
Where: Chicago
Why: Visiting Chicago is always an enjoyable treat because I get to hang out with people I care about and thus my time is spent grabbing take-out, playing dominoes, chatting on the couch, and watching a favorite flick. This doesn't lend itself to getting out to see too much of the traditional offerings of the city. Over the years, I've definitely had some very cool city experiences - a boat tour featuring amazing architecture, ice-skating in the park, an outdoor concert at Millennium Park, etc. Second City is now added to that list of cool Chicago experiences! The show was pretty good, and the improv is really cool to watch. There were interesting themes (overuse of technology, aging, political issues) that were turned into pretty funny fodder. I really liked Katie Rich; she did a very similar skit to this...not entirely appropriate, but clever. And who knows, maybe one of these faces will be the next Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, or Stephen Colbert!

1 comment:
I've been a few times and I wish I had somehow captured who I saw. I'm sure one of them will be on TV someday, somewhere. Ha.
Post a Comment