When: May 12th
Where: Online
Why: A few years ago, I read about an entrepreneur that was making a difference by providing shoes to children. As someone who has been to various countries and seen the footwear issues encountered by children walking miles for water and/or schooling, this idea of one-for-one shoes really stuck with me as a wonderful business model. Recently, the shoes have started to appear everywhere, even in my local Whole Foods where I decided to try on a pair before purchasing the style I really wanted online. I had heard that they stretch out and run a bit large, so I didn't want to have the hassle of ordering them and having to return them...this is why I rarely buy items online - my awesome pjs being an exception! After being shocked at how small I had to go before they fit (I kept imagining Cinderella's freakishly tiny feet!), I rushed home to buy the pair I had seen online made with blue corduroy with adorable plaid print inside. Then, there was the wait until they showed up on my porch. I imagine I'm going to want to wear them everywhere, which is the intent, especially as I start thinking of what to pack for my big summer adventure! Right now, I have two pairs of favorite shoes in rotation - my comfy Reef flip flops and my slipper-like pair of Pumas. I wonder if these TOMS will be the perfect hybrid!
1 comment:
Love them! TOMS are the best.
Post a Comment