When: January 12th
Where: Ford Field in Detroit
11:09pm: I've just returned home from my first and only Monster Truck Jam. I much prefer a good ol' down home demolition derby, which I thought this would be like, but instead, they only drive these behemoths one at a time to tackle obstacles. Altho trust me, the sheer mechanics of these vehicles is awesome. There were definitely moments of me clapping, gasping, and cheering for the drivers, and also laughing at the hilarity of the whole scene, but in general, there was much too much down time. Luckily, there was some decent people watching: lots of dads with kids, an incredibly diverse audience, and a very weird family in the row ahead of us.
![]() |
| My very own neon green earplugs! |

1 comment:
All of your preconceptions were pretty much right. My friend Tabi was pretty jealous that we went. Haha I think it would have been a bit more impressive if we were closer to the action and could see how high the trucks were jumping. Still, a fun night.
Post a Comment