Forty-two down...10 to go...

What: #96 Wear 4" or higher heels for a night out on the town

Where: The streets of Ann Arbor
When: November 30th
Remember this scene
I think I was only 
slightly more graceful!
Why: As has been pointed out to me, I'm not a girlie girl in my fashion choices. My favorite outfit is a great pair of jeans, my favorite flip flops or sneakers, and a great t-shirt or comfy sweatshirt. So, even tho I do own heels and dresses and fancy accessories, they rarely make an appearance. With an upcoming outing with some friends that are all always a well-dressed bunch, I wanted to make an effort to embrace some of my less practical footwear, and with our plans to meet up for drinks and then grab dinner, I saw myself firmly planted on a bar stool or booth cushion for the duration of the evening, thinking my insane footwear wouldn't be put to use for transportation. I was mistaken, and had the pleasure of trotting around the city streets shopping during the busiest night I've ever seen in town aside from the Art Fair. So, fueled by great drinks, dinner, and a delicious cupcake, I braved the stares (I think people thought I must have lost a bet to be parading around in such silly shoes), the cold, the aches, and the constant fear of tipping over and experienced a fun night out from a totally different perspective as a nearly 6-foot tall woman!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Where's the picture!? ;)

Post a Comment