What: #95 Sit through a movie at the theater by myself
When: November 21
Where: Local movie theater
Why: I'm a big movie person, mostly movies that tell stories with happy endings, without much murder or mayhem, usually with a lot of laughter or interesting characters. Typically, my friends have similar tastes in movies, so it makes it easy to have someone to go to the theater with, and it's a nice excuse for a night out with friends. So, it never seemed to make sense to go to a movie alone, but I thought it was something that is often tossed out to see if a person is strong and secure in themselves: "Haven't you ever eaten alone? Gone to a movie alone?" are common questions asked incredulously. I have eaten alone and did not enjoy it, so I figured the movie experience would be similar. It was a bit awkward as the theater was filling up to see that no one else was there on their own, but once the film started, I actually felt like we were all there together reacting, laughing, gasping, and even clapping along to the same thing. So, overall, it wasn't as depressing or lonely as I anticipated. Plus, I really really really liked the movie. A lot. Great characters, great story, great message.

No comments:
Post a Comment