50 done ... 2 to go...

What: #23 Buy front row tickets to an event

Where: New York City
When: December 21st
Why: As one settles into their career and manages to work out a budget to pay bills and buy food and still save for retirement, it can sometimes feel very uncomfortable to splurge, even if there is a very good rationale behind it. For me, most of my splurges are related to travel; it's rare that I buy a new clothing item or some decorative accessory for my home. I'm much more of an "experiences" person than a "things" person. With that in mind, I found myself planning a trip to New York City to visit some friends over a long weekend, and decided that as an adult, I finally wanted to see a show on Broadway. Not just any show, but a show currently starring one of my favorite singers - Sara Bareilles. Therein lies the rationale for splurging on front row tickets; it's not only a Broadway show, but also basically a concert to see and hear one of my favorite singers!

The show - "Waitress" - is based on a movie starring two actors I really like, Keri Russell and Nathan Fillion. Yet, somehow, I did not like the movie. Perhaps it wasn't something I could relate to or appreciate at the stage of life when I watched it ten years ago. I plan on watching it again in the next few weeks to revisit the story and characters and hopefully connect to it. Either way, I'm still really excited for my first Broadway show, and my front row tickets to see Sara Bareilles!



No comments:

Post a Comment