What: #42 Host a game night for friends
When: December 3rd
Where: The living room
Why: A part of my personality is that I tend to be content hanging out on my own, and gravitate towards quiet evenings to decompress from hectic days at work. When invitations to go out for social engagements come up, I do accept because I truly enjoy being around friends and meeting new people, but I just don't usually create those opportunities in my own home (my sanctuary!). Recently, I wanted to get together with two groups of my girlfriends, and a game night seemed like a fun way to chat, laugh, and spend a nice evening on my couch with friends.
After buying some snacks and popping some popcorn, I got out the evening's entertainment. This particular group of friends is perfectly suited for a raucous card game, so that's what we played. I had a fun music mix playing, too, so we had background tunes to enjoy. If you haven't played the game before, I highly recommend it with a group of your girlfriends; but be warned that you may need to look up a definition or two on your smartphone for an educational experience you weren't expecting to get!
My next game night might include any friends willing to play dorky board games, so let me know if you are interested!
No comments:
Post a Comment