28 done ... 24 to go...

What: #99 Try on a wedding dress

When: November 25th
Where: The Gown Shop
Why: As many of my friends have planned weddings over the years, I've gotten to accompany them on fittings and have even tried on the occasional bridesmaid dress, but never have I been the center of attention in a fitting room with a stranger helping to dress me. (It really took less time to adjust to it than I thought; I could easily get used to a celebrity lifestyle of having an assistant choose outfits, help me into them, and tell me how pretty I look!)

While my parents were visiting for Thanksgiving this year, my mom and I decided to do a little bonding over something really girlie, and this fit the bill. The sheer variety of fabrics and accessories and cuts and folds and hems and waistlines and necklines and dozens of shades of white made for a fun afternoon, and for a greater appreciation of the work that goes into the gowns and why the cost can be so high.

When I do decide to have a wedding dress, it will be simple and sewn by my mom because she is an amazing seamstress (and I have a small budget). In the meantime, I highly recommend finding a local boutique and seeing what they have to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment