Thirty-three done ... 19 to go...

What: #51 Find my spirit animal

When: September 22nd
Kinda looks like me, right?

Where: The internet
Why: One of my interests is Native American culture; it was something I was drawn to growing up and still seek out experiences and information on the topic. One of the aspects I liked was having a totem, or a spirit animal. I really had intended to do this right, finding a shaman and meditating, but that has proven to be more difficult than I initially assumed. In lieu of this, I've taken to the internet to determine my spirit animal. In 3 of 4 tests I took, I was chosen by the Bear. (Note: A spirit animal is supposed to choose you, you don't choose it). The fourth test, if you're curious, said that I was chosen by the Blue Morpho butterfly, and while I have seen and enjoyed the times I've been in their presence, I don't think this is a valid spirit animal for me. 

While the choice made for me wasn't specific, I gravitate towards the grizzly bear. A few of the descriptions about my spirit animal:

"...in touch with the earth and the cycles of nature"
"...stubborn pride is every Bear's downfall"
"The magic of the Bear is extremely powerful and healing for others" 

For the rest of the year, I'm going to see if this is a good fit. I've so long identified with my astrological sign - Gemini - that I'm curious so see how I feel being a Bear!



No comments:

Post a Comment