Thirty down ... 22 to go...

What: #66 Wash a car in a bikini

When: August 3rd
Where: My driveway
Why: This has been on my list from the beginning of the process. It was definitely one of those "get out of my comfort zone" items. The idea of traipsing around wearing only my bikini in an area normally reserved for those who are fully clothed just seemed like it would feel really awkward, and despite the numerous offers I've received to check this one off by hosing down the cars of friends (thanks, guys!), I still held off, knowing that the fantasy of what that looks like and the reality are pretty far apart.
As yet another birthday passed and I was no longer in my "under-30" mindset, I have decided to shed a lot of insecurities and embrace my work-in-progress body. It may not land me on the cover of any magazines, but my body has gotten me through 3 triathlons, to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro, and countless other amazing feats, so I'm going to be proud of it. Besides, summertime gets hot, and the process of washing a car is wet, so it makes perfect sense to cool off while getting soaked, and wearing a swimsuit is the obvious attire choice for this event!





2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Is that your new car? SO cute!! :)

Sara said...

Ha! Love how you wrote this up!

Post a Comment