Where: McDonald's
When: July 16
Why: In creating this list, I had to remember it wasn't a total bucket list, there had to be some really achievable items, but still ones that make me do something slightly out of my norm.
Now, going to the drive-thru is NOT out of my norm (sadly), but I always felt slightly embarrassed about possibly paying for a stranger's order, wondering what they'd think, if it was really too confusing, if they would think I was hitting on them, etc. But, my embarrassment bar was really lowered today after I had a conversation at the pool with an older gentleman about the book "Fifty Shades of Grey"...trust me, if I got through that exchange without crawling under a rock, I figured it was a good day to do something else I would normally be a bit embarrassed about doing. So, I headed out for my usual (my true friends know this by heart) and then decided to pay for the order behind me. It was a couple of guys who ordered smoothies, so I figured it was destiny that I'd treat them to their free healthy drinks! And really, I felt empowered by my good deed...I might do that more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment