What: #79 Do a 5K with a friend
Where: Ann Arbor
When: June 17
 |
| Elizabeth's First Race! |
Why: Over the past few years, I've put in time training for a triathlon each summer, but this year, I decided to focus more on single races, and so I signed up for my first 5K run. It's the first ever
Ann Arbor Marathon event, including the marathon, half-marathon, 5K, and mile fun run. There were so many people out for this inaugural "
run the city" event, and the route was a lot of fun. We started at the Big House (Michigan Stadium) and ran downtown to Main Street, then along through campus, and ended up on Elbel Field, the marching band practice field - home of many fond memories!
 |
| Running by the stadium |
It's always a supportive atmosphere, and great people watching, and today was no different. We finished just about the pace we had hoped, and I already got Elizabeth hooked to do another one later this summer! I can see myself doing quite a few more because it's been much less overwhelming to train only for a run, and thus much more enjoyable. I meet with my friend Karen about once a week and we basically chat and catch up during our runs, and then I can go out any lovely summer evening to run with my music. So, I'll keep running and get ready to beat today's time!
 |
| A well-balanced post-race breakfast! |
 |
| With Karen and Paul! |
No comments:
Post a Comment