What: #24 Eat at Blimpy Burger in Ann Arbor
Where: Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger
When: February 21st
Why: As someone who has spent most of my life in or near Ann Arbor, I was constantly dealing with shocked looks whenever it came up that I had never eaten at this local establishment. In my defense, I don't eat burgers, and I'd heard horror stories of the mockery that ensues if you aren't ordering in the right manner, so I guess those two factors pretty much kept me away all these years. Finally, my friend Elizabeth and I were planning an outing around that area, and we did need to eat dinner beforehand, so as two total newbies to the Blimpy Burger scene, we embarked together into the greasy world of Blimpy Burger. For those unfamiliar, here is a video to help you get a second-hand experience! It turned out that day that there was one really big problem; the deep fryer was broken.
Come on, if there is one thing we expected, it was a lot of grease. And as a non-burger eater, I was looking forward to fried veggies and french fries. Alas, I had an egg sandwich with cheddar cheese on a pumpernickel roll. Not too shabby, and a super good bargain!
Another successful new thing that I survived! And, I think we are brave enough to give it another try!
1 comment:
We survived AND i totally want to go again! Such a fun adventure!
Thanks for including me in your list of things to do - I'm loving it!
Post a Comment