When: July 27th, 2016
Where: Keyworth Stadium
Why: In 2014, I was watching the World Cup at a bar in Detroit and a lot of the other patrons were wearing rouge attire. I figured out it was for Detroit City FC, and I've wanted to see a game ever since. Last year, they played at a high school stadium downtown, but this year, they had a home field in Hamtramck, and I managed to make it to their last game of the season. The stands were full of over 6,000 fans to cheer them on against Windsor, and the Supporter side looked like a crazy group to be a part of...tons of chants and songs and noisemakers (remember vuvuzelas?). For less than the price of a movie, this was a really fun way to enjoy an evening supporting a great Detroit team!
| The crazy fans released so much of that colored powder...it make for an eerie sight! |
No comments:
Post a Comment