When: June 1st
Where: John Glenn Field
Why: My friend Susie suggested this one for me and I really liked the idea for a few reasons. One, it supports a Detroit-based organization. Two, it supports strong women in non-traditional roles. And three, I miss college football during the spring and summer, so I could still get my fix this way. The team hailing from Detroit, the Detroit Dark Angels, are part of the WFA (Women's Football Association). The team members ranged widely in age, background, and size. At times, I'd forget the players were female, which was cool to realize that they play just like the men; at other times, it was obvious it was a team of women by their interactions with one another on and off the field. The crowd, too, was diverse, including family members and friends, altho I got the impression we might have been the only ones there just to cheer them on without a connection to a particular player. The team plays in Westland, which is quite a ways out from the city of Detroit, so that might be a deterrent to getting a big crowd. They have one more game left for the season, and I wish them the best of luck!![]() |
| The team logo - on the water jugs - is very cool! |

1 comment:
And we learned so much that we didn't want to know! For example, that being born in 1986 makes you ridiculously old....!?!?
Post a Comment