Thirty-two down...20 to go...

What: #2 Do that headstand pose from my yoga class

Where: My bedroom and living room
When: September 29
Why: Awhile ago, I was in a yoga class that was a bit more advanced than usual, and one of the poses was the headstand. There were many variations. Some did it slowly and controlled from the tripod pose, others did it as a full hand-stand, and others used the wall to keep their balance. I couldn't do it in any form. At the time, I blamed my wrist for being too weak (it had recently been injured and I was still hesitant to put too much pressure on it), but then I found a video tutorial on YouTube that let me use my forearms, so I tried it today and after letting my body adjust to the idea of being inverted, I was successful at it. Then, to confirm my success, I shared it with a friend via Skype.

The first one I demonstrated was the one on my forearms, but then I tried another one on my hands and head and it actually was easier. It probably looked cooler, too, but we didn't get a picture of that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment